This was my first time wearing a Bolo tie and it certainly will not be my last. Let’s talk about jewelry for a minute. I love that much of the jewelry you see today has a simple, delicate feel. In fact, this is the type of jewelry I wear most of the time. But, on days when I’m feeling a little bold and I want my jewelry to match that, I reach for some of my thrifted pieces. Statement necklaces, big earrings and stacks of bangles pack a powerful punch that can transform an outfit. If you’ve been wearing the same three tops for weeks, accessories can help you breathe life into a track that has been on repeat! The next time you’re out antiquing with your Auntie Margie, keep those brown eyes peeled for the following items:
- Turquoise anything! Rings, bracelets, earrings, Bolo ties even!
- A long strand of pearls or a colorful glass bead necklace
- Silver or gold chokers
- Don’t gloss over the clip-on earrings, my babies! Some of the coolest earrings I have are clip-ons. Haters, I can hear you from here! Don’t believe me? No problem, more clip-ons for me then.
- Vintage brooches. Pin on your distressed jean jacket like you just don’t care. Except you do, you care very deeply. I can tell.
- BONUS: silk scarves. While they aren’t technically jewelry, they are perfect to tie around your neck for a pop of color in a flash!
Have fun stacking, layering and playing with your jewels….I mean, jewelry!
Yours from the North,
Everything you see in this outfit came from Tandem Vintage (including the Bolo tie)! If you’re in Minneapolis, be sure to stop by Find Furnish to run your paws through the incredible rainbow of vintage clothing known as Tandem Vintage. I honestly wanted to take everything home with me. It’s that good.
Polka Dot Skirt: vintage, Tandem Vintage (MPLS) | Yellow Button Down: vintage, Tandem Vintage (MPLS) | Bolo Tie: vintage, Tandem Vintage (MPLS) | Sunglasses: new, Target
Images by Eric Sorenson Photography